CWP Applications & Information
Review Section 790.06, Florida Statutes, to learn more about the law pertaining to Florida’s Concealed Weapon License program.
NOTE TO MILITARY MEMBERS AND VETERANS
The Tax Collector’s office & Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is now expediting all Florida concealed weapon or firearm license applications submitted by active military members and veterans.
• Active military personnel who want to apply for a concealed weapon license should include a copy of their Common Access Card or another form of official military identification with their applications. The Tax Collector’s office & FDACS will also accept a copy of service members’ current orders as proof of active-duty status.
• Honorably discharged veterans should submit a copy of their DD 214 long form with their applications.
1) Determine if you are eligible for a concealed weapon license.
2) Applicants must demonstrate competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a license. Learn more about the acceptable forms of training.
3) Read the Concealed Weapon Permit Application Instructions to learn what is required when you complete and submit your application.
4) You may apply in person at our St. Cloud or Campbell City offices.
You may renew your license at our St. Cloud or Campbell City office
APPLYING FOR A CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSE
Important: Review the eligibility requirements for a Florida concealed weapon license.
APPLY IN PERSON:
You can apply for a concealed weapon license in person at the Tax Collector’s St. Cloud & Campbell City offices, or the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) regional office.
Please note that you do not need to complete an application form in advance of your appointment. You will complete the application when you arrive at our St. Cloud or Campbell City offices.
Each concealed weapon license service location allows applicants to complete the entire application process quickly and conveniently. Simply choose the office nearest you.
• What to Bring with you to our office
A picture ID. A driver license or state-issued identification card is acceptable.
A copy of a training document or other certificate that confirms that you are proficient with a firearm. Learn more about the acceptable forms of training.
Your payment. Review Fees: License Fees 07-01-17
FDACS regional offices will accept payment by personal check, cashier’s check, money order, or credit or debit card. Regional offices cannot accept cash.
The Tax Collector’s Offices will charge an additional service fee of $22 for new licenses.
For changes to your name, please provide a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or court documentation.
If you have ever been arrested, you should bring certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
If you were born outside the United States, or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status. Please review eligibility information concerning citizenship requirements.
If you are currently employed as a law enforcement officer, correctional officer or correctional probation officer with a Florida law enforcement agency and you are applying as such, you will need to provide a copy of an official document stating that you are currently employed with that agency as such.
If you are a retired law enforcement officer, correctional officer or correctional probation officer from a Florida law enforcement agency and you are applying as such, you will need to provide a copy of an official document that includes your date of retirement and the agency from which you retired. This does not extend to federal law enforcement or out-of-state law enforcement retirees.
If it becomes necessary to replace your license for any reason, you must be processed in person or by mail through Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
APPLY BY MAIL
1. Download the Application instructions
2. Download a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Application.
3. Schedule an appointment at your local sheriff’s office or police department to submit fingerprints.
4. Complete your application and mail it to the address below:
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6687
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6687
RENEWED BY MAIL
Complete your renewal form and mail it to the address below:
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387
Your Florida concealed weapon or firearm license is valid for a period of seven years. Approximately 95 days prior to the expiration date of your license, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) will send you a renewal form with complete instructions on how to renew your license.
If you fail to renew your license by its expiration date, you may renew it up to six months after it has expired. However, there is a late fee of $15 for renewing after the expiration date.
If your license has been expired for longer than six months, it cannot be renewed. You must apply for a new license.