Certified Copy of a Florida Birth Certificate
As a partner of the Florida Department of Health’s Bureau of Vital Statistics, Florida-born citizens are now able to get a certified copy of their birth certificate at our following locations:
• Main office: 2501 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, FL 34744.
• Campbell City office: 4730 S. Orange Blossom Trail Kissimmee, FL 34746 and our
• St. Cloud office: 1300 9th Street, Suite 101B St Cloud, FL 34769.
This partnership will help make the process much easier since a birth certificate is one of the items needed in obtaining a driver license or identification card.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET YOUR FLORIDA BIRTH CERTIFICATE
STEP 1: PROVIDE A PICTURE ID
You must provide valid and current picture identification to apply for a Florida birth certificate. If you are a parent requesting a copy of your child’s Florida birth certificate, you must bring your valid and current picture ID. Acceptable forms of picture ID include one (1) of the following:
• Driver License
• State Identification Card
• Military Identification Card
STEP 2: DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
Determine your eligibility (relationship) to receive a Florida birth certificate. You must meet one (1) of the following criteria:
• Be the child named on the Florida birth certificate AND 18 years of age or older
• Be the parent of the person named on the Florida birth certificate
STEP 3: PROVIDE CERTIFICATE HOLDER INFORMATION
Be prepared to provide all information below about the person named on the Florida birth certificate:
• Full name of the person at birth and any subsequent legal name changes
• Date of birth
• City or county of birth
• Mother’s full name including her maiden surname
• Father’s full name (if his name is on the record)
STEP 4: PROVIDE APPLICANT INFORMATION
Be prepared to provide all information below about the person obtaining the Florida birth certificate:
• Full name
• Relationship to the person named on the certificate (father, mother, self, etc.)
• Mailing address (include city, state, and zip code)
• Daytime phone number
Step 5: COMPLETE APPLICATION FOR FLORIDA BIRTH RECORD
Reminder: If the applicant is self (and 18 years of age or older) or a parent, then the applicant must complete this application and provide valid photo identification. If the applicant is not one of the above, the application AND an Affidavit to Release a Birth Certificate must be completed by an authorized person such as a legal guardian or legal representative and submitted to the Vital Statistics Office Click Here!
Acceptable forms of identification are the following: Driver License, State Identification Card, Passport, and/or Military Identification Card.
Information, Forms & Applications:
Step 6: PAY APPLICABLE FEES
Fees to obtain a certified FL birth certificate are as follows:
• $23.25 – Certified FL Birth Certificate ($17.00 Florida Department of Health Birth Certificate Fee + $6.25 Osceola County Tax Collector Service Fee).
• $8.00 – Fee for each additional certificate at the time of original issuance ($8.00 Florida Department of Health Birth Certificate Fee)
Checks, cash, money orders, Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover are acceptable forms of payment. A convenience fee of 2.5% with a minimum of $2.50 will be charged by the service provider when using a credit card. Reminder: Current and valid photo ID is required. Acceptable forms of ID are Driver License, State Identification Card, Passport and/or Military Identification Card.